The Cambridge Room is housing the Club's collection of books on military science, military history and general history. Our collection is mostly military with not just the standard outlook, but with a slightly more personal perspective, especially since much of our stock consist of donations from our Members. We also have the Canning Club collection, on all aspects of Latin America as well as a number of volumes from Lady Astor's personal collection donated by her family.
The Biographies section is currently housed in the V.A.D. Room with novels and fiction, and a small collection on Geography and Travel.
The Canning Bar contains our collection of Army Lists, the earliest of which is from 1767: a small collection on Norway which is under the auspices of Den Norske Klub, and various other rare books.
The collection also holds the records and archives of the Club itself, dating back as far as its foundation in 1862.
Members may borrow a total of four books at a time for a period of one month. When taking a book out, please remember to complete the Library Loans book which is held at the Front Reception. For any enquires please refer to our librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book Reviews 4th June 2020
- Book Reviews 15th June 2020
- Book Reviews 9th July 2020
- Book Reviews 23rd July 2020
- Book Reviews 6th August 2020
- Book Reviews 20th August 2020
- Book Reviews 3rd September 2020
- Book Reviews 17th September 2020
- Book Reviews 8th October 2020
- Book Reviews 15th October 2020